Founded in New York in 1993, Rice Financial provides services to municipalities and not-for-profit institutions in four key areas:
- Structuring and Underwriting
- Municipal Sales and Trading
- Taxable Fixed Income Investing
Rice Financial has experienced a remarkable transformation in the past few years. Since 2006, the firm has:
- increased its municipal bond underwriting volume fourfold. Source: SDC Platinum, Full Credit to Each Manager
- opened new offices in Florida, Georgia, District of Columbia and Texas.
- secured book-running senior manager assignments in some of the country’s most prestigious underwriting syndicates, including the Empire State Development (NY), the Dormitory Authority of the State of New York, the New York State Environmental Facilities Corporation; the states of Connecticut, Illinois and Ohio; the U.S. Virgin Islands; the District of Columbia; and the cities of Atlanta, Chicago, Cincinnati, Houston, New York and San Antonio, among others.
Building on a reputation for technical expertise and creative problem solving, Rice Financial has blossomed from a respected Wall Street derivative boutique to a nationally recognized bond underwriter and taxable fixed income investment provider.
Senior manager on transactions for
the states of Connecticut, Illinois and Ohio; Empire State Development (NY); the New York State Environment Facilities Corporation, the Virgin Islands Water and Power Authority; the cities of Charleston (SC), Chicago, Houston, Inglewood (CA), Jackson (MS), New York and St. Louis; the District of Columbia; the Harris County Toll Road Authority (TX); and Houston Community College, among others.
Senior manager of Jackson Public Schools transaction (Mississippi), which earned acclaim as a Bond Buyer Southeast Region Deal of the Year.
- Increase in taxable fixed income sales to state and local governments from $4.1 billion in 2006 to $14.5 billion in 2013.
- More than $137 million in swap cash flow savings paid to municipal clients to date.